Thursday, October 15, 2009

Brownie's relative...the Blondie!

Chocolate Chip Blondies

Mmm. I love brownies, but these Chocolate Chip Blondies are a nice change from the traditional brownie recipe. To me, they are a closer relative to chocolate chip cookie bars than to brownies but delicious nonetheless. I made these now because my boyfriend doesn't care for blondies so it would be a waste to bake them when he will be around. It's his loss.

I followed the recipe from Everyday Baking with a few changes. The main changes were that I left out the walnuts, added some white sugar and I also didn't melt the butter like the recipe stated. This might have been a bad choice because the batter was definitely a bit tricky to spread into the pan and melted butter might have made it a bit looser. This recipe was easy and super quick!

Chocolate Chip Blondies
adapted from Everyday Baking

Ingredients:
8 tbs (1 stick) butter, softened
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions:
  1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8x8 baking pan and set aside.
  2. In a stand mixer, cream together butter and both sugars until combined.
  3. Add the egg and vanilla extract.
  4. Slowly add in the flour and salt and mix until just combined. Make sure not to over mix.
  5. Using a spatula, fold in half of the chocolate chips.
  6. Spread the batter into the pan and smooth out the top. Top with the rest of the chocolate chips.
  7. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. (I've found that I tend to bake a lot of things for less than the recommended amount of time. I think I'm scared the will become dry.)
Yield: 16 bars


No comments:

Post a Comment