Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I Love Croissants!

The Daring Bakers go retro this month! Thanks to one of our very talented non-blogging members, Sarah, the Daring Bakers were challenged to make Croissants using a recipe from the Queen of French Cooking, none other than Julia Child!

My second Daring Bakers challenge...CROISSANTS! It's definitely a challenge to make croissants for the first time. We don't have a lot of counter space I had to clear away the appliances so I had enough room to roll out my croissants.

I love croissants, and I was happy mine turned out pretty tasty! Not big and fluffy, like bakery croissants, but they tasted right and were the right texture. I made a few plain croissants, some almond filled, and a couple chocolate. I love, love, love almond croissants so those were my favorites.

Here's a picture of how they turned out:




3 comments:

  1. ohhh I love the slightly burnt edges of your croissants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work on your 2nd challenge and the colour of the croissant is stunning. Cheers from Audax in Sydney Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are awesome! Golden brown little lovelies. I'll take two dozen.

    ReplyDelete